Thursday 28 March 2013

Sky Dive Envy!!

Yesterday the girls did a Sky Dive in Cairns and it was the best thing they've ever done in there life!! Jealous?? ... Yes i am especially as I waited at the landing strip taking photos of them but I'm 100% doing one just waiting until I get to New Zealand before I throw myself from a plane!!

Over to Hannah for a bit more info ....

It was literally the best thing I've ever done!! After a very early start we watched the safety video and signed forms to say it wasnt their fault if we died which made us shit ourselves even more!!

We were then assigned a instructor and got on the bus to the airport to get on the smallest tin can of an aeroplane which didn't look like it would even be able to fly! We sat in the plane on benches strapped to our instructors so we ended up being pretty much on their lap (nice and cosy!!)

After about 5 mins we looked seriously high up (you could barely see the cars!) and we asked how high we were and we were only at 2000 feet!! Only another 12000 feet to go! Ahhhh! We went up through the clouds and after calming my self down they opened the door and we starting shitting ourselves all over again!

The worst part of the whole thing was watching the others jump as it looked like they were being sucked out to their death!! Three people jumped then Sarah was up and I was screaming my head off by this point (more than she was I think!)!! My instruction started moving me toward the door and I was screaming and telling him to please don't drop me! There was no going back now he just jumped straight out!

Free falling for 60seconds was the best feeling ever! It doesn't feel like your falling which is what I thought it would feel like! It felt like you were almost floating and we did a flip on the air! The instructor taps your arm which are crossed when you jump out of the plane and you can stretch your arms out. It was INCREDIBLE!!!! I would 100% do it again. When the parachute goes up I was actually disappointed the free fall was so quick!

The views were amazing and we got to steer the parachute and we did some spins and turns in the air before landing in a field! You have such an adrenaline rush after and I was on a high for the rest of the day!! It was a serious bucket list moment!!!!

As the bravest of the bunch I decided to take one for the team and take the leap of faith first! The only thing I saw before I left the airplane was Hannah and Kate's faces and screams (brilliant) but flyer that I felt like a bird free falling absolutely INCREDIBLE it is definitely something everyone HAS to do!

After a few minutes parachuting I had the best landing and en managed to land standing up (absolute pro!) I felt like I was on top of the world and could do anything so I'm going to move to aus to become a scuba/sky die instructor #LAD! Cannot wait to show the video and you all have to check out our piccies on Facebook! Lots of love the fearless and invincible ginger ninja!!!











No comments:

Post a Comment