Friday 12 April 2013

$400 for an Apple!

11/04/13

Devastated!

Just landed safe and sound at Christchurch Airport, I've filled out all the forms declaring any foods/medication etc that I have in my bag such as the strawberry jam and teabags from Cameron Highlands and some sherbet I bought in Hervey Bay but as my rucksack goes through the scanner I get pulled over to one side!!

I've only forgotten about an apple and orange that I've had in there for a couple of days and because I didn't tell them they've fined me! Why do I carry food around with me!! Especially fruit!! Grrr!!

I think she's being sarcastic and I explain I didn't do it on purpose, she replies "I know that and your lucky were not taking you in for questioning and launching and investigation."

Oh dear! What a perfect start to NZ!

No comments:

Post a Comment